Sanwu TDA8950 red PCB Fan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had to edit this as I put the wrong number down. It is a TDA7498E and the fan never operated. Is that normal? I ran it for about 40 hours and it was OK then it the amp stopped. The heatsink was warm but the fan never came on. Now the chip is fried. The fan is open circuit but whether it was always faulty or it was taken out when the chip blew I don’t know.

Last edited:
I have the same board, fan never operated. Has been playing music for days, does not even get warm to the touch with 36 volt SMPS.
You should not use it without load. If a channel is not used, ground the input and connect a speaker or at least a 15 Ohm resistor to output.
Some of these Chinese constructions do not like to run with open input and output, because someone saved cost´s by deleting a few parts worth 2 Cent.

If it works the sound of the red Sanwu is impressive.

If you run it with open output and it starts to oscillate, it is not the usual heat that kills the chip. So the fan does not save it.
The fan is for low impedance load and high volume, but not for correcting mistakes in using the amp.
If these these Chinese amps blow, in most cases it is because they are sold without any instruction what to do and, more important, not to do with them.

Instead, most of these amps have a useless diode in the power supply line, this is because the stupid buyer will connect just anything he finds in his garbage can to make it work.
Many "users" of these products do not even know what AC, DC or polarity of a voltage are. So the diode saves it from being fried by the worst idiots, that are "just trying" how it might work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.