Sanity check for a 'newbie' Heybrook Sextet ribbon tweeter replacement

Your diagram must be wrong, Dave. It is an amp-killer, the way you have drawn it. Short circuit.

I don't know how this speaker sounds, but a more conventional 3 way crossover seems a better idea to me.
It is not a short. It is a 2nd order parallel filter on the mid and bass, instead of the easy to imagine series crossover. Admittedly, I like the sound but some people do not get on with the Heybrook Sextet. The tweeter coudl do with an lpad
I would be very interested in your opinion in a standard series crossover. This was a Peter Comeau design afterall

Your diagram must be wrong, Dave. It is an amp-killer, the way you have drawn it. Short circuit.

I don't know how this speaker sounds, but a more conventional 3 way crossover seems a better idea to me.
It is not a short. It is a 2nd order parallel filter, instead of the easy to imagine series crossover. The mid is in an infinite baffle so additional mechanical attenuation. The bass is port loaded. Admittedly, I like the sound but some people do not get on with the Heybrook Sextet.
I would be very interested in your opinion in a standard series crossover. This was a Peter Comeau design. The tweeter definitely could do with pulling down

This is a nightmare. planet10 is in a complete muddle what the circuit is. So are you, it seems. :rolleyes:

It is a first order series filter on bass and mid based on what you have told me.

The mid is quite your regular 8 ohm 5". Natural rolloff around 3kHz. The filter runs it almost full range.

The 6" bass is awkward at 4 ohms.

Also awkward to replace with 8 ohms at 170mm. SEAS make them at 176mm these days.

I'm not sure what I would do to it. Going to end up a 4ohm load. As it is, it's very shallow 6dB slopes.

Maybe best left alone. How does it sound?