Salvaged Power Supply (100kb+ pictures)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A couple of weeks ago I caught a large Power supply at my work that was on its way to garbage. I realized by looking though the fan grill on the side that there were some fairly decent looking heatsinks inside. Here are a bunch of pictures before and after disassembly.

I'm obviously going to keep all of the heatsinks components inside as well as the capacitors but is there anything else inside such as the large toroidal devices that I should keep?

-Brian

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I attempted to calculate the dissipation specs on those sinks but couldn't quite get it.

I’ll post the exact measurements when I get home from work, but I would estimate them to measure roughly 3.5 inches wide, 7 inches in length, and 4 inches tall. The base plate is a little over 1/2 inch thick.

Maybe someone can help me calculate the specs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.