S.P.Q.R. Model 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Harderror said:
I agree, I think it would be a good thing to have a copyright discussion. People need to be aware of their rights. I will give the benefit of the doubt on this one as well. I may be entirely wrong about what I assumed. A seperate copyright discussion is a great idea! :)

I guess thats a "go" then!

Dave, Cal, ..someone? Would you please split off this discussion to a thread with the topic heading including the words "COPYRIGHT" and "PATENT", and also providing a link to that new thread here?

No rush of course.;)

Thanks!

Hehe, you know, I have built a set as of about 6 months ago. They are good. Very good, they could be better though I don't think the few that have built them agree fully. I think there is always room for improvment. I am currently working on a follow up. I found it was so hard to get any real interest going for a new design that I kind of backed off. I bought a house over the last 3 months and have the space to start building again, so. They are amazingly flat. Many desire a truly flat design which this is but I would like something with a bit of a bass peak. I feel that they are VERY good imagers as well. Mated with my sub, I am not sure I have heard their equal.

Tom

Funny that this is the only image I can find of the build. I will see if I can locate more. This was last November. The cats love them still. They try to climb up inside of them (which they can't manage of course). No real measurements now. The ones I took some time back were good, I just didn't save any images of the graph. As I said, no one was interested then.

Tom

Attachments

• p1020006 (2).jpg
    p1020006 (2).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 286
Funny that this is the only image I can find of the build. I will see if I can locate more. This was last November. The cats love them still. They try to climb up inside of them (which they can't manage of course). No real measurements now. The ones I took some time back were good, I just didn't save any images of the graph. As I said, no one was interested then.
Tom

Cute kittys!
Also, I for one [and I'm sure that there are many like me out there] am very interested in this design and would love for you to post your follow up to these - S.P.Q.R. Model 2.1 maybe?

You know, I have been really busy. (Trying to get tenure) I will get on these again. I am still happily listening to them in my living room. The model 1 is still in my officeas well. So, I really want to build the 3's first and then go ahead and redesign the 2s. I still love them (model 2) though they do need a sub for the extreme lows, (which is expected given their compact size) but as I said before, they hit 50 Hz and do it flater than I have ever seen a horn of this size. Not to say they are superior to other designs. That is up to your ear. Also, I will get my site back up and running at some point. Like I said, just no time at the moment. Take care!

Tom

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but in the interest of clarification

The following is not legal advice, but a suggestion to you and anyone else looking to copyright take a closer look at what it is that your copyright registration has actually protected.

A copyright registration for a sculpture protects the appearance that sculpture.

When structures are arranged to perform a function, the merger doctrine excludes that function from copyright protection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merger_doctrine_(copyright_law)

In the United States, protection of functional structures (with the exception of architecture) is the domain of patent law.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.