S. Harsch XO

I have cloud on this PC. Might take me a bit to figure out how to use it. Send mdat via e-mail/ pm????

Use ricky then byrtt.dk should work also when files are huge but it can sometimes be a problem that modern smtp servers don't allow you to transmit if its huge, then suggest divide measurement one at a time for each mdat, for example if you want send me tweeter and woofer response then highlight one of them in most left column and go to "File" and "Save measurement" with a renamed name after that do same for the other and send one at a time to above pop3 account.

We try to set it acoustic LP/HP LR4 at first because that can be gathered time aligned when a deep deep null is happening with one reverse polarity driver, then thereafter if in electric filter we EQ a transfer function from LR4 slopes to BW4 and BS2 and acoustic slopes will also change to same and only need delay numbers for mid-tweeter added to where it ended in LR4 setup, admit haven't try allign this way before but hope it works and reason is because mkane77g is new to diy a DSP speaker.

1001 measurements or try to learn understand phase curve

This measurement is with bass traps removed

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 250
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Issue here is I wouldn't know good when it is staring in my face. Wife says slow and steady

You would know if you put the target curve in REW plot window and adjusted the measured via EQ and filter combo until they match. That’s the only way to do it if you are not familiar with what a BW4 and BS2 “Looks like by feel”. Until they match the textbook curves you are going to flail without success. So please slow down and try to implement a textbook overlay plot. It’s a must because your curves are way way off. They look like BW4 and BW4 so will naturally cancel with a deep notch when same polarity.

Use the REW EQ tab to implement the correct filters and then upload curves to miniDSP. Read up on that functionality. You can do it with 2-5 measurements with the proper technique.

And please move up away from 100Hz XO. That’s a bad spot from distortion standpoint and time delay standpoint. Try 350Hz. Move lower once you know how to do it. You can’t get BS2 on Eikona at 100Hz because it has natural falloff that will not allow you to implant a BS2 falloff.

Last edited:
I get that, however if one would EQ out a reflection at the measured spot, the result would never be right at the listening spot. The peaks/dips we see in the measurement look like floor bounce to me. If this is floor bounce at close measurement distance, it will hit somewhere else at the listening position. All that EQ for crossover perfection would be invalid.

Look at the IR, the Filtered IR, the wavelet and first find out what's happening. Solve that (even if it's only temporary) so you can make sure the speaker hands over to the next without the room or other boundaries being involved. Anechoic like measurement conditions for crossovers is why we measure up close. Raise the speaker if needed...

Right critics and very good points and hope readers bite on here if they want a documented acoustic system response be close to perfect textbook like your own system can perform out at listening position or how my own is calibrated up front. That said lets see how far we goo here or how lucky we are things fast start shape up and go our way, say this because my own calibration didn't take hours it took probably a week or many more and in mkane77g is new to diy a DSP speaker think task is get him going and then he can develop skills and ambitions down the probably never ending new ideas DSP owner road.

You would know if you put the target curve in REW plot window and adjusted the measured via EQ and filter combo until they match. That’s the only way to do it if you are not familiar with what a BW4 and BS2 “Looks like by feel”. Until they match the textbook curves you are going to flail without success. So please slow down and try to implement a textbook overlay plot. It’s a must because your curves are way way off. They look like BW4 and BW4 so will naturally cancel with a deep notch when same polarity.

Use the REW EQ tab to implement the correct filters and then upload curves to miniDSP. Read up on that functionality. You can do it with 2-5 measurements with the proper technique.

And please move up away from 100Hz XO. That’s a bad spot from distortion standpoint and time delay standpoint. Try 350Hz. Move lower once you know how to do it. You can’t get BS2 on Eikona at 100Hz because it has natural falloff that will not allow you to implant a BS2 falloff.

Good points but you probably very busy yourself and haven't noticed pages back that mid tweeter dictated XO point upped to 160Hz, below is where he acoustic is now @LR4 that when time aligned will be electric transferred to BW4 and BS2 slopes.

668554d1521055260-harsch-xo-4000-png

If can happen with low frequency and when measuring a dipole more than 60 deg off-axis. At least I have experienced that!
Measuring low frequencies that are travelling around the baffle at such a large off axis angle that are most likely not reflections off the front wall, I don't think you can be sure of the source of what you are measuring to be honest