• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Roland branded 12AX7 tube?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Agree^^^

Same Roland, but they didn't make the tube. Just some real brand with their name printed on it. And no guarantee the brand they used this month will be the same brand they use next month.

You'll find tubes labeled for Sears, or Radio Shack, or Fender, or whoever.

I would have thought the same as you guys but I did a Google web search, image search, eBay, etc. and I came up with nadda. I have a nice collection of tubes. 500 or so boxed and over 1000 loose. So, I have all those re-branded RCA's. And I own many Roland products. Just never seen these before. It doesn't look like their logo.
Thanks!

Roland (the japanese synth company) was founded in 1972 and (afaik) they never produced anything with tubes. Thus it can't be a tube rebranded by Roland, but there was a U.S company called Rauland active during the tube era and (maybe) another earlier Roland Co. ? Any relations with the japanese musical instruments maker is very unlikely.

Roland (the japanese synth company) was founded in 1972 and (afaik) they never produced anything with tubes. Thus it can't be a tube rebranded by Roland, but there was a U.S company called Rauland active during the tube era and (maybe) another earlier Roland Co. ? Any relations with the japanese musical instruments maker is very unlikely.

Hmm. OK. However, this tube doesn't have "au". It clearly says Roland. I have many Japanese tubes, I.E., Made In Japan.

Hmm. OK. However, this tube doesn't have "au". It clearly says Roland. I have many Japanese tubes, I.E., Made In Japan.

I checked in my old SAMS Photofact Index and found there was also a U.S ROLAND Radio Corp (Anderson Ave. Mt Vernon, N.Y) who were active in the 50ies (and maybe later) and produced radio receivers, turntables, phono amplifiers,etc... Thus your tube is U.S made and rebranded for a U.S company, which was a very common practice in those days. Definitely not japanese and not made for the (japanese) Roland synth manufacturer.

... And here's a picture of a Roland radio. Same logo.

Attachments

• Rolandradio.1.png
    Rolandradio.1.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 45
I checked in my old SAMS Photofact Index and found there was also a U.S ROLAND Radio Corp (Anderson Ave. Mt Vernon, N.Y) who were active in the 50ies (and maybe later) and produced radio receivers, turntables, phono amplifiers,etc... Thus your tube is U.S made and rebranded for a U.S company, which was a very common practice in those days. Definitely not japanese and not made for the (japanese) Roland synth manufacturer.

Agreed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.