• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ROHM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After reading this thread, I´m sorry to say, that according to the Norwegian forum "Hifisentralen", this isn´t the first time. There are threads from 2013, where people lost their money/gear without any respons from RM.
According to Google he started a new company "Roar Malmin Audio Designs Limited" in 2017, which is based in London. There´s also a thread back then, where he "throws in the towl" and claims psykological illnes.
I for one was considering some of these transistors, but found the price just a little stiff, when he replied to my PM, so I skipped.
But it sure shows a pattern. Replies ASAP on enquieries, and total silence when people have paid.
Hopefully he´ll come to his senses and get things settled. After all, the size of these amounts is not worth it. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I see in my private email that member "dreamth" replied with some helpful information regarding possible substitutes but for some reason it was not posted. Dreamth, would you mind reposting your comments for those of us not "in the know"? It could be the most productive thing that comes out of this.

Thanks

I was interested in these and someother stuff he was selling a while back.
But he was kind of weird about stuff.

Also, I think he also might have used another screen name or two.
If I recall he listed his name in them also. I think one account was
disabled or something...I'm not sure. You could probably search
these swap meet threads and find his other screen names etc because
he was selling here.

Cheers,

Well, dreamth's posts are not staying up for some reason. It was up earlier but now gone.
I didn't want to post the info myself and take any credit for his contribution. But since his posts are vanishing I will state what he posted in hopes that it might help someone who is interested. He basically stated that Soundcraft Folio Spirit mixers have lots of 2sb737's and can be purchased used. He also mentioned the Rohm 2sa1038 as a possible substitute. Again, these are his suggestion. I have no idea if it is so.... but maybe a place to start for anyone searching.

(he charged $25.00 for shipping four transistors so it seems like tracking was in the budget)

I do not know RM at all, so cannot comment on reliability. Still, nice that you got it solved.
Just want to mention that shipping in/to/from Norway can be crazy expensive compared to the rest of the world.
When I order stuff from other countries, when selecting "Norway" I'm lucky if the shipping only doubles...

Last edited:
2SB737 are available in limited quantities

I have ROHM 2SB737 "S" grade available in limited quantities as well as ZTX851 and ZTX951 devices. Low Noise Transistors from Zetex and ROHM

The lineage/source for the 2SB737 are described in the listing.

I will soon be offering the ZTX689B/789A as well.

The ZTX851 measure (indirectly) about 1.75Ω rbb' and have an hFE range (based on measurement) typically 130-180. I've used them extensively in this preamp: Flat Balanced Input Moving Coil Phono Preamp Construction Information - Pro Audio Design Forum

The ZTX689B (NPN) has a much higher hFE than the ZTX851; the ZTX689 has an rbb' of about 5.5Ω so its not quite as good as the 2SD786 but close.

On the subject of Vbe matching take a look here: Transistor Vbe Matching Using A Commutating Chopper-Based Circuit - Pro Audio Design Forum

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.