Rockford T30001bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys!

I have this T30001bd amp here that I have recently repaired the output stage.

The amp is working fine thus far (low level testing) save for one problem. I'm getting a pretty nasty turn on spike which is quite audible through the speaker. When the amp first powers up, the "protect" l.e.d. is engaged for aproximately two seconds as the rail caps are charging, then the amp comes out of protect and the "power/blue" l.e.d. engages and this is when I'm getting the audible spike (over 1vdc).

I've checked the other threads pertaining to the T30001 but didn't find anyone having the same problem.

Any insight would be appreciated!!!

Still having a hard time tracking down this audible spike. Even when jumping the RCA shield to ground the spike is still present.

Without the jumper in place, the outputs of most of the op amps resort back to ~0.5-0.6v.

Another oddity I have discovered is a strange voltage swing on the speaker outputs when adjusting the gain pot (no signal applied) I was slowly adjusting the gain pot to find the associated op amps and noticed the subwoofer was oscilating (very slowly, but easily visible) I then metered the outputs when adjusting the gain pot and noticed a voltage swing from 0.0.25vdc to ~14vdc then drops back to its resting point of ~0.0.25v when I stopped turning the pot. There's something odd happening in this input stage :-\

Last edited:
Yes, the subsonic filter does effect the voltage swing. With the switch "on", there's not nearly as much of a "swing"

With the switch off, I'm reading -.04v to -1.0v @ pin 7 of U105... adjusting the gain from min to max.

With the switch on, I'm reading -0.0v to -.123v @ pin 7 of U105... adjusting the gain from min to max.

(RCA shield as ground reference)

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.