Rockford Punch 100ix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With Q212 defective, I would not have expected the bias to work. D201 shorted should have killed the signal. Open, it shouldn't have caused any problems.

Well thats kinda what I was thinking but since the bias pot was affecting the sound so much I decided to check Q212.

Maybe D201 was shorted in a way that it just partially killed the signal, the lower half of the waveform?

It must have and I didnt catch it. I replaced several components without re-checking the little stuff like that. Maybe I should have and that would have saved us alot of time. I am not sure at what point that changed.

Next time I will be sure to make you aware of ANY changes.

Hey Perry I forgot to tell you I have not re-installed the two protection transistors yet. I forgot about them.

I was working on 3 other amps at the same time and spaced it. I will put them back in tomorrow and re-test the amp. I would assume since it is working fine now it will probably work fine with them in.

If it does not then there is other problems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.