Rockford low power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have this rockford amplifier, it dont have model number on it. problem is one channel not working and the output is very low.

two opamps were bad and after changing i got the other channel to work. but the output is very low. with full volume it only gives 2.5v output. amplifier picture is attached.
there is good rail voltage about 40v and up.

Attachments

• 20181109_100754.jpg
    20181109_100754.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 57
Is the audio clean but low?

Have you tried operating all switches and pots through their entire range while listening to both channels to see if the audio ever got louder?

yes audio is clean. i am using 100hz sine and it is very good showing on oscilloscope. i tried gain knob and HP LP selection knob and it have some pots near rca jack and two more pots in centre i tried all but no change .

With the gain at minimum and maximum, what is the AC voltage on pin 1 of U104 and U404? 4 voltages.

Confirm that you still have 0.45v on the RCA input (black probe on the RCA shield).

Do you have the signal source ground connected to the 12v power supply ground?

RCA Voltage 0.46v
gain at minimum
pin 1 of U104 is 0.375v
Pin 1 of U404 is 0v
Gain at maximum
Pin 1 of U104 is 6v
Pin 1 of U404 is 0v

yes the shied is grounded to 12v power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.