Rockford Fosgate T5002 Real Power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, friends.
I have a question of pure curiosity.
They are in possession of 2 amps, 2 Rockford Fosgate t5002 ...
identical in every way ...
rockford declares that these power amplifiers deliver an output of 75W RMS x 2 to 4 ohm, 150w rms x 2 to 2ohm, 250w rms x 2 to 1ohm.
Despite this little power, in practice, it seems to really many more watts.
I made some hearing tests with another amplifier (audiosystem F2-500) declaring much more power, I have found, at least aurally, that there are no major differences, indeed, the rockford seems more accurate reproduction.
Besides birth certificates of my t5002, they say the amplifiers deliver much more power than stated.
this thing I never understood ...
someone who truly understands, can make up my mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
The power series are the "cheater" amps in the line. I had a couple of the T-series amps and they both were grossly underrated in their published specs. My T500.2 did about 900 watts into whatever I connected it to, as long as the impedance was 4 ohms per channel (8 ohms bridged) or less.

These were the amps we sold to the guys who blew up cheap amps. Sound quality depended on how loud the guy cranked it past distortion. Unlike some other manufacturers, these units did not limit output based on signal clipping or distortion. Instead, the output power was limited at the supply. For the bass monsters, they could just crank the "punch eq" knob up when they wanted to rattle everything in close proximity. The amp would just put out low-frquency square waves, sculpted somehow so stuff would survive for a while. For "hifi" listening, the knob was set near zero boost, and the subwoofers would not overpower everything else.

I would like to resume my post.
I have this amplifier, it works fine, only that it probably needs to adjust current bias.
One of the 2 channels, warm enough even without any load, while the other does not heat up abnormally.
Despite this inconvenience, both channels sound great and without distortion; with my oscilloscope, I looked at a perfect waveform.
How can I adjust the bias?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.