Rockford Fosgate T1500-1 BD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perry: Have you been able to tell what these 4 transistors are doing in this circuit? (their function that is..)

The solder connections on the 4 large SMD transistors in this area fail. For testing, you can sometimes simply solder the connections in place. To make it reliable, the transistors need to be removed, the pads cleaned on the board and the terminals cleaned on the transistors.

Sometimes these transistors become intermittent. I've had at least one that checked bad in the board (open B-E junction) but checked OK out of the board so I'd advise checking them in the board as well as out of the board.

If they're readily available, I'd advise replacing them.

I've substituted TO-220 transistors in a few amps but haven't done enough to know if it's 100% reliable (although it should be). I've used 2N6488s and 2N6491s. The transistor shown is a 2N6491. The rest are NPN and would be subbed with the 2N6488 if necessary.

Well, I've had the four transistors identical to the originals ...

I have replaced, and to connect the amplifier, this is what happens:
At first, everything seemed fine, (0.057 V at the speaker terminals) but when a minute passed, he began to hear a click intermittent (every second) coming from the area of the power supply, at the same time, the current in the speaker terminals, down to 0 V. ....

If I continue applying current to the amplifier, the click intermittent sound becomes long (rrrrrrrrrrrr) and in turn, the power LED flashes .....

Nothing warms, nothing burns ....

Is it weirder ...
Can there be another intermittent connection?
I can? I have moved some component while handling it?

Sorry, Perry, no luck ....
I got the R2035, I've checked and I have reinstalled without success.

Is that there is no time to heat up ....
At 30 seconds, the voltage, down to 0V,,,
And continuing a noise near the power supply (rrrrrrrr)
I'll investigate to see exactly where it comes from, this little sound.

Or is there something else I can test, Perry?

Well, the first picture is, just connect the amplifier and the second after 30 seconds.. Certainly in the second picture, waveform, stutters.. .

Attachments

• DSCN3243.JPG
    DSCN3243.JPG
    777.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN3244.JPG
    DSCN3244.JPG
    773.1 KB · Views: 116
I was struggling to take measurements ...

When the tension, was down to 0V, and stayed there, I could not make any comparisons with the waveforms ... and I had to wait half an hour, between measurements.

I have found, from pin 9 to pin 18 (pin 1 to pin 8 I could not check them, I'll try tomorrow ...)

The pins that come closest to the waveform found in the center leg MOSFET power supply, are: pin 13 and pin 16, I think, are the outputs, truth, Perry?

Should I check the other pin that I need to know, if indeed, this IC is failing?

Was the voltage measured when the amp was pulsing the power supply drive?

Can you charge it to eliminate this as a problem?

Batteries are typically rated for cold cranking amps (which would typically be much greater than 45 amps) or amp hours. It's not really important here but you should understand which you're looking at on the battery.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.