Rockford Fosgate Punch 100x2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't got that far yet Perry! haha but I have seen you mention it several times here on the forums and I never remembered it when I was looking for parts. I have seen 1moreamp mention it several times too. It is really an awesome tool when you're looking for parts and the best deals.

Confirm that you have both positive and negative rail voltage on the 3rd legs of the output transistors.

Also confirm that you have positive and negative regulated voltage on the power supply pins of the op-amps.

Did you measure directly across the speaker terminals or did you have the black probe on the main ground?

If you were not using the main ground for the reference, use it and measure the DC voltage on the bridging speaker terminals for both channels.

Well I don't know whats going on with this thing. Q225 and q115 were shorted between emitter and collecter. Swapped them out and all is good now. Still getting -60mv from right channel and -10.4mv from the left so I guess I'll just have to live with it. I noticed that the biggest caps have leaked, would that have anything to do with the dc offset?

Alright I had to open this amp back up. I noticed it is kind of playing music inside the amp. Is this normal? Also, I'm wanting to learn more about why I am getting the 60mv dc offset. If you have the time could you guide me in figuring this thing out?

So far what I have done is:
1. Change the power supply transistor's to IRF3205s and 47ohm gate resistor's.
2. Replaced the IRF540 output transistor's
3. Replaced the IRF9540 output transistor's
4. Replaced the electrolytic capacitor's except for the 10uf 16v smd aluminum can style capacitor's.

Last edited:
Sometimes audio can be heard coming from the transformer. That's not generally a problem because it's not nearly as loud as the audio coming from the speakers. It's generally due to the voltage regulation for the rail voltage. If that's the case, sometimes moving the windings on the transformer slightly can stop it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.