Rockford Fosgate bd1500 In protect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Working on a Fosgate bd1500. It stays in protect when powered up. Power supply is running. I have the +5 volt Sync and the 100khz carrier. When turned on the bd_out (which goes to the output choke to speaker +) is shorting to ground. All power mosfets are good in the power supply and outputs. I have +160 volts on the positive rail referenced to ground and 0 volts on the negative rail referenced to ground. I don't understand what the Latch circuit does or how it works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A couple more notes. This amp doesn't have positive and negative rails. You have to measure the voltage across the red and black wires.

The over-current protection produces a pulse. Without the latch, the over-current protection couldn't keep the amp in protect mode and the amp would continue to try to switch on, possibly causing more damage.

If U21 pin 1 isn't near 9v, it's not in over-current protect mode.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.