Rockford 800@2 help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I acquired a 800@2 it had a perfect N channel P channel not so much, replaced all 640's and 9640's mpa 56's and 06's the 92 drivers, replaced 8 .1 resistors because of tolerance issues, replaced mmbt04 and 06, oh yeah and a 1n4003 diode, and numerous on board resistors it was a mess got it powered up and producing sound not good sound but sound lol, I have -53 volts on the lm 317 and the 337 is +20 I scoped the n channel it is still perfect, do I need to replace the 337 or could something be driving it down?

You should have rail on one leg of each regulator.

What is the voltage across the legs (from one to another) of the rectifiers?

The rectifiers rarely fail, but if you have full rail on one regulator but only half on the the other you need to figure out why.

Maybe you have a bad rectifier the 2 legged MUR1520's???

What does the signal look like on the scope on the bridging terminal for that channel?

Is there any DC on the output terminal?

Can you post a pic?

You are positive you dont have any open or out of tolerance smd resistors in the problem area?

You have checked the smd transistors and diodes for shorts or leaks in the problem area?

I rarely see problems in the input or eq area. I am not saying that its not possible, but more likely still an issue in the channel.

You have tried all switches and turning all pots full rotation to see if it affects the problem you are having?

Can you post a photo of the waveform being produced by the bad channel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.