Road Noise/Tyre Choice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of the few complaints that I have about my Honda Jazz is that the Road noise is very high. Getting close to 70,000Km so will need new tyres soon, any suggestions for tyres that will have lower noise than the existing Goodyear 175/65R15s? I recall reading somewhere that tread pattern makes a difference.
I assume there will be a trade-off - softer tyres > lower Km?.

If some easy-to-install internal matting is a better option, then I'm open to suggestions on that as well, as long as it doesn't break the bank...

Cheers,

This generation of Jazz has lots of extra soundproofing compared to its predecessor, so it's very quiet on the move, while the suspension has been redesigned to be more comfortable than before, too.

test drive the 3rd generation for ideas, or trade it in for one. hehe

One of the few complaints that I have about my Honda Jazz is that the Road noise is very high. Getting close to 70,000Km so will need new tyres soon, any suggestions for tyres that will have lower noise than the existing Goodyear 175/65R15s? I recall reading somewhere that tread pattern makes a difference.

Turanza Serenity Plus: Bridgestone's Best Ride Comfort and Lowest Road Noise - Choose the Best Tires with Zig | Tire Rack

Looks like there are lots of Bridgestone dealers in your area. Maybe worth a look?

jeff

as you anyway need to change the tyre go for the ones that do not make lots of noise . regarding noise insulation inside the cabin, you can always go for Noisekill or STP kind of sound dampening sheets. usually it is used for good In Car Entertainment install [on doors] and some go overboard and get their entire car [floor,roof] damped.

EDIT: if it's available, you can try bitumen sheets as a cheaper alternative [caveat - no personal experience, but i've seen people attempting it on automobile forums]

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.