RIP: Jeff Bagby

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
More updates on the news:

"Two Fiat Chrysler workers die from COVID-19 in US

By Marcus Day and Shannon Jones

25 March 2020

According to a United Auto Workers spokesman, two US Fiat Chrysler workers have died as a result of the coronavirus infection. One of the workers worked at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) north of Detroit and the other worked at the Kokomo Transmission Plant (KTP) in Indiana. It was not reported when the workers died.

According to posts by the family on Facebook, the worker who died in Kokomo was Jeff Bagby, a mechanical quality engineer. He died after being hospitalized with pneumonia on March 9. Bagby was a well-liked and respected figure in Kokomo. Following his death, hundreds of friends and co-workers posted tributes to Bagby on Facebook.

The name of the worker at Sterling Heights Assembly was not available at the time of this posting. Three workers at FCA have now died as a result of COVID-19. A technical worker at FCA headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan previously passed away due to the infection."

He is one of the reasons I came to DIY speaker building. I stumbled upon one of his designs over 10 years ago. I went to Axpona last year and ran into him. I belted out 'Jeff, how are you doing' like we were old friends. I felt like we were friends since I had been following his work for years. He was very generous with his time even though he had no idea who I was. A generous, kind man that was willing to share his knowledge with anyone. He will be sorely missed. RIP.

He was a huge contributor at PETT before the forum rules changed, helping so many understand the basics. And how he managed to make a seemingly complicated design have a so simple crossover.. a genius at crossover design and speaker design in general

Last edited:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 409
I think I read somewhere that he invented the 2.5 way speaker design as well. Which is kind of a legacy in itself.

He actually referenced the CASCADED 2.5-way topology, and used it in addition to the low-pass already present. Invented might be a bit strong there. Most users before that had just used a separate roll-off filter, which is actually more costly than using the cascaded topology.

Just for clarity sakes,
Wolf

From what I saw online he was a victim of Covid 19. I know he had a kidney transplant recently...if I remember correctly. Very sad. I think I will build a set of continuums now. As soon as I am able to leave the house...

I believe the Kidney transplant was about 2 years ago now. When you're immuno-depressed, it's harder to kick illnesses. The news articles are out with his name included as posted earlier in this thread that he did have it.

If you build the Continuums, the original RS28A version was remarkable. I might know a guy that has the tweeters...

Later,
Wolf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.