RIP Carlos DestroyerX

Rest in peace Carlos. I was is fan! Learn a lot with him and i have 2 of his amplifiers and they sound good, realy good.
He was a motor on the diy scene on youtube brasil. Now we have a lot of info on other channels but he was the fisrt one and also ampletos that died also.

Hello

I did not have reply from Carlos since few month, I did not know that my friend Carlos died because I don't do internet very often (very bad internet connection), but Hugh Dean (Aksa) told me today that Carlos died in October 2023

Sad to know that, RIP, I offer all my condoléances to his familly and friends

Gaetan

I did not see this because I have been out of the loop for so long.

Back in the day, Carlos was unique and controversial here which made it extra fun to read what he was up to. He would post and post and post endlessly on the same threads going on and off topic in his special way.

I built one of his many amps- the DX HRII (my 6th amp as you see) and asked him a few questions along the way. In the end I sent him pics of the build and he was surprised that it was built at all- yet it is working to this day- sounds great in a Sansui chasis.

His legacy is mixed- I know he felt that he was overly criticized and also felt that he was on par with some famous people here who promote low power amps and he felt his stuff was comparable and at the least of legitimate usable watts per channel.

He was one of those love or hate people that invited controversy but he certainly made things unforgettable.

Miss you man.

Attachments

• HR2a.jpg
    HR2a.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 44
  • HR2b.jpg
    HR2b.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: 1 users

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Oh Uncle Charlie. This wasn't in the script. I take my eyes off the road for a second (okay, a decade) and you move on without a word. We had so many entertaining conversations. You taught me so much. Thanks man. Rest peacefully. If you need any schematics or pcb layouts up there, you just let me know. Ah ha ha ha.. 😎
..TAJ

Reactions: 1 user