Ricci's dual B&C 21SW152 build thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
21sw150_400l_th

Hi Josh Ricci,

Here is your 400L TH from Post #18 w/ some modification, and basically the same volume. Frequency response and impulse response are slightly improved (it's about the same CON or EXP for the sections).

Regards,

Attachments

• 2010_Apr10_21SW150_400L_Try.jpg
    2010_Apr10_21SW150_400L_Try.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 404
TB46,

The only problem that I see with it is that the compression ratio is about 5.2/1. I have doubts about what a 21" cone, even a very sturdy one such as this can handle. My sim was at about 3/1 and some are of the opinion that it is already too much for such a large cone.

BTW I have sent the 8ohm drivers back and will be getting a set of the 4ohm as they are what I originally intended to get.

Compression Ratio

Hi Josh Ricci,

I agree 5.2/1 would be quite high, but the compression ratio is Sd/S2 (not S1),or, about 2.6 to 1. There have been brief discussions of shortening the L12 distance, and decreasing S1 with screamerusa's furybox,and more recently in "jbell's set of four tapped horns".

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.