Ribbon tweeter and diamond tweeter, which is better?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are several diamond tweeters though, including Jantzen, and Seas. The Jentzen gets very high ratings from Gravesen but I have no idea if it's actually availale to mere mortals buying in quantities of 2. I've sadly not heard either Raal's ribbons or the Accuton, but try as I might, I've never been an Accuton fan. Anyone who wants to change my mind please send me a dozen Accuton Cell AS190-9-251 8" drivers to evaluate properly along with matching midrange and tweeters. :)

Best,

Erik

Dispersion is totally different for (diamond) dome and (ribbon) planar tweeters. IMO that is more important than the quality of the tweeters themselves. A comparison is therefore not fair. You use what dispersion fits best in your design.

I really like good ribbons more than most domes, but not more than all domes. The best reviews I've read for true diamond tweeters sounds like what I hear from a good AMT like the Mundorf line. At least from a measurements, they are at the very top tier of performance. Plus I really like them! :)

Like TBTL points out though, dispersion is totally different. :) One major selling point of the AMT's and ribbons for me, but not for others.

Best,

Erik

Thanx for answering.

I am a freak when comes to the range from 7 kHz and above. This is my first plans for diy, and I start out with great plans. So until I get advice about better stuff, I go for diamond and ceramic.

Have you seen open baffle designs for these drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.