• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

RH84 power output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, still learning. Others have told me before that the screen current would be small as in less than 5mA so most seem to just go off of the cathode current then multiplying it by the plate voltage to get a ballpark of the plate dissipation. Everything I've read online about new el84 tubes seem to insist that they cant take as much abuse as the older tubes except maybe the JJ and the Sovtek El84M. I do have some 6p14p but would like to be able to use new tubes as well without worrying about eating the tubes up like some guitar amps. I do have a scope but it's digital and I only have a 1x-10x probe so cant look at high voltage parts of the amp. If I do raise the current to around 50mA should I be concerned about the screen voltage being so close to the plate voltage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.