Replacement Belt for Fairchild 412-1A?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know what the correct belt is for a Fairchild 412-1A turntable? The long belt is the one I'm looking for (the one that goes around the platter). I know its inner circumference is 35.1", but beyond that I don't know.

There are two 35.1" belts available here and there.

PRB # FRX35.1
Inside Circumference: 35.100"
Width: .184"
Thickness: .035"

PRB # FRL35.1
Inside Circumference: 35.100"
Width: .240"
Thickness: .023"

Which is the correct one? Anybody know?
--

I sent Russell Ind. an email.
I also bought an EVS branded FRX35.1 belt off the auction site. Hopefully that will work.
I'm surprised no-one knows what the correct belts are for these Fairchild turntables. It seems lots of people have them. Are they all getting by with their original belts?

I tried adjusting the position of the capstan to try to tighten up the belt, but I think the belt I have is stretched out. It falls off the platter if I try to clean a record while it's spinning on the platter. I don't think it's supposed to work like that...
--

Joined 2011
Last edited:
Thanks. I was shopping around the web and it looks like there are many vendors selling replacement belts that claim to be the correct replacement for a Fairchild 412, but almost none of them give specs like wall thickness or belt width. Usually all it will say is that the belt is 35.1 inches inner circumference. Some say nothing at all, just that the belt is meant for the 412.

I've purchased a PRB FRX35.1 (0.184" wide, 0.035" thick). Hopefully that will arrive soon.

I'm waiting for a seller to get in restock of the PRB FRL35.1 (0.24" wide, 0.023" thick). It will be interesting to see which one works better, or if it doesn't matter which you use around this platter.

If both are too long/loose, I'll try cutting one down. These belts do cost some money though, $15 to $20 each after shipping.
--

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.