Replace rectifier diodes in Tubeamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My 6 Tubeamps (mono) have four plus one 1N4007 and four 1N5408 in the power supply circuit. Since I want to have over here spare parts in case I need them I'm going to oder some.
I came to know that there are people who hear sound differences when using "faster" diodes.
My question is would you order faster ones (UF4007 and UF5408 for example) for expecting better / different sound quality? If yes which ones would you consider. I read also about the MUR860 or MSR860.
Interesting is that the 1N4007 are used in the amps while on the schematics 400 V 1A is written.
The prices of faster ones are rediculous comparing them to other parts so choosing faster ones will not affect financial issues.

Since I will also order the 1N5388A, 1N5386B and 1N5384B I would like to know what replacements are there for these parts which would impact the sound.
Please note that I don't want to change anything about the amp concept.
I have very little knowledge in electronics but I already fixed the amps and replaced the coupling capacitors as example.

My question is would you order faster ones (UF4007 and UF5408 for example) for expecting better / different sound quality?

I would, since the price of a better component isn't too significant. Whether or not a difference is audible will depend very much on the specific circuits (both power and signal) and your layout/grounding. But going high speed is cheap and can't hurt.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.