Replace PSU caps in Sub, and other Mods?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can't say I'm lacking bass: I have 4 subs in total (2 Def Tech towers with built in subs, 1 Def Tech center with sub) and the D150.

Since I use the towers for both music and HT, but the D150 for HT only, I'll check out their amps and xos, and maybe tinker there. Lots of other projects to do as well...

A modder's day is never done...

i would tend ot hink those def techs would have ALOT more low end bas and a more natural sound than the 12 you have.

Adding that 12 might actally be detrimental to your response!

if im thinking about the right def techs they have nearinfrasonic/infrasonic output, id ditch the sub before upgrading it.

Def Techs

Actually, the sub does go lower then the Def Techs, which have only 8" drivers vs. the 12" in the sub. At least that is my subjective impression. I need to get something like TrueRTA and start taking measurements. And then build bass traps. An diffusors. And while the glue for that is setting up, I'll squeeze in replacing the input caps on the Tamp. :xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.