Replace motor in turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, new to the forum.

I have recently bought a numark direct drive turntable TT100 from gumtree and the motor is knackered! Sometimes it spins when I click start sometimes it dont. Sometimes it plays fine and sometime it drags. I need to replace the motor...although I have no idea how.

Where can I find and buy a replacement motor and is there some sort of instruction I can follow to do this myself? I have tools ;)

Thanks in advance

Ben

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi guys, new to the forum.

I have recently bought a numark direct drive turntable TT100 from gumtree and the motor is knackered! Sometimes it spins when I click start sometimes it dont. Sometimes it plays fine and sometime it drags. I need to replace the motor...although I have no idea how.

Where can I find and buy a replacement motor and is there some sort of instruction I can follow to do this myself? I have tools ;)

Thanks in advance

Ben

How long ago is recently? Is this thing out of warranty? It is likely that the motor in this deck uses electronic speed control and it is not unlikely that it is the cause of your problems. You didn't mention whether this is a belt drive or direct drive, if DD all bets are pretty much off.. Sourcing motors for turntable projects is proving to be an issue for a lot of us who build, modify and restore turntables.

You might be better off considering a good used TT on eBay or elsewhere (yardsales, Craigslist, friends or relatives) depending on budget.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.