repairing broken cantilever -benz micro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am really in a dilemma if to repair or buy a new different one.

Attachments

• 20190124_003608.jpg
    20190124_003608.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 20190124_003633.jpg
    20190124_003633.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 191
received now an answer from benz micro:
Thank you for interest in our products and services.
"Sorry, the MC 20 series is no longer produced since 8 years.

You can get a Benz Micro MC Gold at the repair exchange price of Euro 258,00 + shipping.
Or any other Benz Micro cartridge, we will gladly make you an offer!"

i'm considering that offer.
can anyone recommend me on one of their cartridges up to 500 $?
the one i had wasn't perfect but it has a very vivid and correct sound without coloration.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
The direct replacement for that is this LP Gear Bin 215 phono cartridge | LP GEAR (benz didn't make their lower end models. The 300-500 range (in $ or €) is very competitive so you will find a lot there and the quality is good. A lot of people rave about the Hana EH (which is another Excel made unit) for under 400 and should have the family sound you like.

You budget will also stretch as high as an Audio technica AT-OC9 if you shop about. This is a seriously good cartridge.

As to which will float your boat I couldn't say.

thank you.
sorry my English is not perfect , what do you mean by that:
"benz didn't make their lower end models"
you think that those you mentioned are better then the BM GOLD?
another thing is the output.
mine is high 2.0 mv and was connected directly to a build in phono stage in my integrated amp.
the gold is 0.4 mv, so i'm not sure it'll work fine without an external phono stage.
on the other hand i read somewhere that low output can give you usually better result/

someone wrote this in one of the forums:
"Well after listening for a while I ended up getting selling the bin215. It was a nice cart but sounded awfully like at30he with a thinner and grainier sound. The 323 I did keep as I really enjoy the bass with my old drum and bass records."

read a good review about the 323, but usually i'm a a bit careful about this kinds of reviews:

LP Gear BIN 323 MC Phono Cartridge

Joined 2014
Paid Member
The Benz that you have was made by Excel in Japan and badged as Benz, same as the LPgear bin215 and the Hana. I have no experience of the Benz gold only the wood models which are somewhat more expensive.

Online reviews are a minefield. You will have to take a slight leap of faith.

As regards output the benz silver is the high output version but is a cheaper model. The Hana EH is also high output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.