• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote relay volume control kit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Coulomb said:
I have an extra Apox kit I have decided to sell, I bought two and never built the second one. Here is a list of the kit assemblies and the price as well as the APOX website for more information. I will ship pretty much world wide, but buyer pay's in US Dollars and pays shipping.

APOX IS1 Kit x 2 (Input Select)
APOX-1 Kit (Volume Control)
APOX-IR1 Kit (Front Panel and Ifrared Receiver)
5K Holco Resistor Kit for Volume Control

One price, will not break up the kit.

$330 US plus shipping.

Best Regards,

Anthony

http://www.apoxcontrols.com/apox.htm

Okay, I am going to have to drop the price I guess, lot's of tire kickers but no burers.

New Price is $300 US plus 3.5% if paid by Pay Pal (Preferred), buyer pays for shipping.

Regards

Anthony

APOX GUYS WHERE ARE YOU???

Ok, Apox is a nice piece of electronic.
I've a apox 1- IS1 -IR1 setup, and I'm living with this since a few months. Everithing is working except the volume regulation.
I 've some problems with it that I myself can't solve, so if anybody can give me an helping hand.........

I've started with a custom resistor setup designed after the Apox worksheet and I' ve been not able to have a monotonic behaviour of the volume itself. I mean that while raising the volume level I've some increase-decrease jumps at the output. Nobody in the calculation sheet was highlighting this possibility.

Looking at the posts, seems that Peter Daniel found some similar problems in the past, solved by using a well defined resistor setup.
So far I decided to move to a supposedly proven resistor setup (5k as it's out of an aleph P) being recommendend by Harvardian, but still the damn problem is there, and being not able to program in C++, I've requested the assistance of the Apox Guys via their website.
Sent an email, I've discovered that the support link on their site is still at dipchip.com, not at apox.com, therefore my email was back a couple of days telling me that the recipient was unavailable.
Therefore yesterday i sent another email, both at dipchip personal address mail, and at support@apox.com.
No reply since this moment.
Where are the Apox fellows?
One more thing : I've seen somebody else (cannot remember who was the guy with this problem) was highlighting that in the menu the "last volume" command is not working as it is supposed to be. And so far no reply to that problem is available either on the forum and on the Apox site.

Therefore being the Apox guys unavailable, if anybody could give me a suggestion ( or better a modified software and the related resistor value for a 5K setup), I'll appreciate it very very much.

Conclusion:
Good product with a unsatisfactory support.

Bye and thanks to all the folks who will be so kind to help me.

Ciao

Paolo Mazza

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.