Regulated Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of the power supply boards i purchased has two 0-25-25 markings. Here is the pic:

rps.jpg

My question is that do i need a transformer with two 2 25-0-25 outputs?

This is the finished board, incase you are wondering : Lusya Power Supply For NAIM NAC152XS Preamplifier 2 way DC24V Regulator A3 001 - AliExpress

Last edited:
No you don't need two windings.

Connect the jumper links, use one centre-tapped winding and you have full-wave rectification, which is the most efficient way to use a transformer.

If you already have two secondaries, parallel them (check the polarity before doing this!), and connect the jumpers.

If you have two transformers, don't connect the jumpers, but the transformers will be used less efficiently (only half-wave rectification).

Last edited:
It looks OK. You have 220V on the net in India?
You connect one blue wire to one white wire and measure from the other free blue wire to the free white wire. Either you have around 52V (AC) or you have only a couple of volts. If you have only a couple of volts (AC), it is the other white wire you have to connect to the blue wire.
1A is sufficient for both channels?

Last edited:
It looks OK. You have 220V on the net in India?
You connect one blue wire to one white wire and measure from the other free blue wire to the free white wire. Either you have around 52V (AC) or you have only a couple of volts. If you have only a couple of volts (AC), it is the other white wire you have to connect to the blue wire.
1A is sufficient for both channels?

Thanks will test it.

Yes 1Amp should be sufficient. It's a preamp so 1Amp should suffice i guess..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.