Rega Saturn I Laser replacement

My son's Rega Saturn has quit reading and thus obviously playing CD's. I am planing to replace the laser mechanism when I visit him but would like to replace the whole transport/laser system. The only replacement I can find is on AliExpress and it doesn't say which Rega player it works for. I believe someone said it is actually a Sanyo transport/laser. Can anyone tell me if the laser assembly is basically identical for the original Rega Apollo's and Saturn's? Otherwise what else I might check. The internet seems to show that the Saturn has problems reading certain CD's but mine has never had a problem and his started to glitch a little and finally won't initialize the CD when inserted. Thanks you in advance for any help you can offer.

According to the Dutch Audio Classiscs site, The D/A list, lists DAC and laser used, says it's the Sanyo SFP-101

Absolutely loads on eBay.
Just make sure whether you need the 15 or 16 pin version.

Also, I've had on some ebay bought ones, the PCB attached to the laser sits lower than the original and on some models, Apollo mainly, can foul on what's below.

P

Thanks percival007 that is indeed valuable information and as I look at it, it is definitely very similar but I don't have his CD player and won't until I visit him later so I will have to see about the 15 vs 16 pin version. Hopefully they come with a new connector as some talk about the flexible cable as a common cause of failure since it moves a lot.

It seems to have taken forever to get my sons Rega Saturn to my house as he has been busy moving and so we have not seen him in some time. So I have his player now and it indeed seems to be the Sanyo SFP-101 transport and laser, identical to mine in fact. I see that it is the 16 pin version and can order a replacement laser transport but would also like to replace the ribbon cable. Which in his machine is a Sumitomo AWM 2986 80C VW-1 cable with 16 pins and a 1.0mm pitch that is 11cm long. I have not been able to source for this cable, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

There seem to be sources on eBay but am not sure which are trustworthy or not and the one question asked is whether it should be forward or reverse which I’m not sure what that refers to. Can someone answer that for me and maybe suggest a reliable source.