• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Still enjoying my rev1 (with the buffer mods). Thinking about upgrading but so many "projects" in the pipeline that have to be finished first.
Also wondering about the SQ and measurements differences between the revisions.
Sent Søren an email some weeks ago. He was quick with a good response. However the response got in my spam folder (gmail). I notice some are lacking response. Check spam folder.

I have the rev1 modded and the latest rev7,
I find the rev7 the better sounding, it gives you a better insight in that layered 3D soundstage.

The rev7 contains a lot of important improvements:
  • separate clock power supply
  • reclocking after the FPGA
  • vref power supply with opamp and transistor buffer
  • clock drives the shift registers directly

Reactions: 2 users
Dear soekris,

My dam1021 board(PCB P/N 20102103) had damaged due to the static electricity when my hand touched Input(J3) in this winter.
The STM32F030K6T6 smoked and leaved a hole. After that, the green LED didn't light anymore.
Is it possible to replace the new STM32F030K6T6 for repairing?

Thanks a lot.
Anything can be replaced, but be aware that a strike like that could have taken more with it, like the FPGA....
I would say the board is dead. But you're welcome to try, you would need the ST tools for programming, and I can supply the uC firmware. A new STM32F030K6T6 might be hard to find....

I believe this has been done before and the process described, perhaps on this very thread. There was even a link to a bootloader .bin file. Before the forum upgrade it was even possible to search and find such things :)
Dear analog_sa:
I search the HiFiDuino article of "Firmware v 0.99" published in Aug. 30, 2015. The link of Paul's article about "reloading the firmware without uManager" has lost. I will try to search this thread in different keywords.

Thanks a lot.
Anything can be replaced, but be aware that a strike like that could have taken more with it, like the FPGA....
I would say the board is dead. But you're welcome to try, you would need the ST tools for programming, and I can supply the uC firmware. A new STM32F030K6T6 might be hard to find....
Dear soekris,

I understand. Thanks.
That's right. The STM32F030K6T6 from RS, Mouser or digikey have no stock. Maybe, I will try the used MCU if it is possible to buy some.

Thanks a lot.

Dear soekris,

I replace the STM32F030K6T6 and upload the firmware of "dam1021_uc_20150118.bin" today. The image shows the message received from RS232 on dam1021. There are no Rx.xx when startup and I can't type "+++" to uManager for update firmware. Whether I need upload other released version or not?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• RS232.jpg
    RS232.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 85
Hi, I wanted to ask about the memory persistance of changing filters etc. I have a board from a while ago where i had made a little arduino programmer (based on ArdamLite) I cant remember what settings i left it at, phase inversion, filter type etc. Do i need to dig out the old arduinoo circuit to confirm this?
Also other question was abou tthe volume setting. The manual suggests it can be set to +10dB, i always thought the default was 0dB and maximum

Let's see if anyone can help me. My Dac based on Dam1021 ver.5, connected with a JLSound I2SoverUSB v.III to an android smartphone with USB Player Pro, worked fine for several months, until I decided to buy a Dam1021 ver. 7, replacing it in all respects with ver. 5. Convinced that I had made a contact error, I sent it to Soren for repair, but Soren then wrote me that it worked for him and that he would then return it to me. In the meantime, in order to continue listening to music, I had reassembled Dam1021 ver.5 and, when ver.7 arrived again, I reassembled it, checking step-by-step, together with a friend, that the connections were identical to those of ver. 5. Nothing to do: connected the smartphone (I use USB player pro with Tidal) a loud noise is heard on the two channels, superimposed on a weak musical signal, which is completely silenced by pausing the signal.
What to do?
DAC I2S.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user