• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Yeah, I'm a total idiot- for believing you.

Not many people would be happy with being sold something based on false information. You had your chance to do the right thing but clearly you are incapable of taking responsibility for your false and misleading claims- you prefer to throw petty insults at your customers when they call you on your bs.

It's obvious from the flaw filled 1021 that you have more to learn about proper dac design, and you are an absolute idiot when it comes to customer service.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a total idiot- for believing you.

Not many people would be happy with being sold something based on false information. You had your chance to do the right thing but clearly you are incapable of taking responsibility for your false and misleading claims- you prefer to throw petty insults at your customers when they call you on your bs.

It's obvious from the flaw filled 1021 that you have more to learn about proper dac design, and you are an absolute idiot when it comes to customer service.

I have never been giving out any false information, or false or misleading claims, you're just interpreting things to what you want it to....

It's correct that the first first rev had a few issues, just like many other new products, those I fixed with hardware and firmware upgrades. And have since been providing multiple firmware upgrades to improve the dam1021 to make it even better....

And you're the one throwing insults at me, same you did a couple of years ago, starting with you expecting me to take back several years old boards....

I have never been giving out any false information, or false or misleading claims, you're just interpreting things to what you want it to....

And you're the one throwing insults at me, same you did a couple of years ago

It's not like he asking you to marry him after all this time...

Guys, look at this from the Spartan datasheet.

Attachments

• spartan.png
    spartan.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 201

You claimed these boards would synch and work in a multichannel implementation- it's been shown they aren't up to it. You advertised these as a "reference" dac, yet they were clearly flawed. These are not matters of interpretation, they are fact.

Deny, deflect, insult. Anything but accept responsibility. Best of luck.

ynmichael, both you and cab have gotten warnings before about derailing these threads. If you have something you want to hash out specifically with these boards just start a new thread.

Now you're just being mean.

No one really measured significant jitter from the 1021 though, so idk maybe living sound's clock drift problem isn't really practically relevant, just inconvenient. Maybe I'm confusing things.

And check the pcm1704 datasheet, the only place I have ever seen a sinus at -110 dB look like a sinus in a datasheet....

The sabre dacs also have nice looking sine waves at -120dbfs, even though it's not in the datasheet. Although DAC1541 seemed to measure up to pcm1741 in terms of -110/-120dbfs waveform, it's hard to beat DS dacs at the numbers game. Better work on that calibration system...

Now you're just being mean.

No one really measured significant jitter from the 1021 though, so idk maybe living sound's clock drift problem isn't really practically relevant, just inconvenient. Maybe I'm confusing things.

Let say "no one really measured the jitter from the 1021".

I did offer to do the measurement but it looks like Soeren is not interested.

As I said several times I would measure the phase noise instead of the jitter.

I believe I have well demonstrated in other threads that jitter is not an absolute measurement since it depends on the integration bandwidth, while the phase noise is an absolute value.
IMHO jitter measuremet is for telecommunications not for digital audio conversion.

I have understood but I think it's a little difficult to measure the influence of the jitter at DAC output, that's the reason why we prefer measuring the timing performance at DAC swithcing level.

What I'm sure is that every time you improve the phase noise of the oscillator the sound improves too.
I cannot mathematically demonstrate the relation, but the improvement in sound has been felt by many members with every kind of DAC and front-end.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:

This thread seems to be getting a little out of hand with some of you resorting to personal insults. This will not be tolerated.

If technical issues come to light then by all means report and discuss these in a civilised manner as that may well be an avenue to resolving such issues.

If technical issues in a product are not resolvable at this time then that should be made clear by the vendor. At that point and if those who have purchased a product are unhappy then any further communication via the forum must be civil and in accordance with the rules.

We would also strongly urge any disputes between vendor and buyer to be taken to private email.

May we draw your attention to the rules and that the Vendor area is provided as a free service to our members. Please read this carefully.

The commercial threads are for private transactions between members and other members or companies. diyAudio.com provides these forums as bulletin boards for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility regarding unsatisfactory transactions. Normal diyAudio rules about member conduct apply and will be enforced. Please use the commercial sector bulletin boards at your own risk and using your own judgment.

Let say "no one really measured the jitter from the 1021".

I did offer to do the measurement but it looks like Soeren is not interested.

I have no need to measure jitter on the clock, I have the audio measurement I want. But you're welcome to do it yourself, I don't care, I will just not provide hardware to you, I have more important things to do....

I wonder what you're doing on this thread if you don't even have a dam1021 and don't sound like you're interested in getting one, except making noise and pushing your own interest....

I wonder why a few vendors become aggressive when debating around their technical choices (I know another thread with the same issue).

I think a little more humility would be appreciated, but it looks like there are plenty of John Curl and Charley Hansen.

Maybe because we have to waste time and bandwidth on people just repeating themselve and making noise....

I have no need to measure jitter on the clock, I have the audio measurement I want. But you're welcome to do it yourself, I don't care, I will just not provide hardware to you, I have more important things to do....

I wonder what you're doing on this thread if you don't even have a dam1021 and don't sound like you're interested in getting one, except making noise and pushing your own interest....

Just said, you become immediately aggressive.
I could measure your DAC for your customers not for me, but no problem I give up.

I have no commercial interest, I am a humble DIYer that likes discussing technical aspetcs in a DIY audio forum and I also like to share my designs to help the community.

Well, I acknowledge that there is no room for me in this thread.