Reference 3A La Veritas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I have opportunity to buy those speakers for 800 Eur(1100$),but unfortunately on remote sale(audiomarkt.de) and I can't audition them.Few days ago I auditioned MM version(pre DaCapo) and I was so thrilled but they were not for sale.This a bigger brother but on the Internet I couldn't find much info on them.

Does anyone have experience?
Thanks in advance.

Hi kele,

I own a pair of Reference 3a MM (Series Master), a very early incarnation of the current model De Capo, and my older brother owns a newer version, Series Master MMC. Common to both versions of this speaker is the 8" carbon fibre mid-bass driver that works without crossover, and a dome tweeter with just a capacitor for filtering. These speaker deliver a huge and direct sound, with a great sense of speed and detail, but most of all, they are very musical sounding speakers!

I never listend to the La Veritas and unfortunately I couldn't find a proper picture in the net (one without the grill). What do you know about these speakers? If they have the same carbon fibre 8" driver, and this time in a good looking stand mount enclosure, I would seriously consider buying them! They my even have a better low frequency extension combined with this really open and transparent midrange.

Perhaps you need to play around with some different amps though, because these speakers are quite revealing. But there are many opportunities. A good valve amp or a small naim amp will do the trick.

Regards!
Martin

Attachments

• La Veritas.jpg
    La Veritas.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 255
Oh, I managed to find a picture without the grill, and it seems that these speakers feature an early version this very carbon fibre mid-bass driver!

Well, I would ask the seller if he is willing to let them go for 700,00, but then I wouldn't hesitate. This might be your last pair of speakers!

Martin

Attachments

• La Veritas II.jpg
    La Veritas II.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 255
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.