Recommend class D amp to replace damaged Dual CV60 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got Dual CV60 for spare parts. Its power amp stage is physically damaged. However the rest is cosmetically in perfect condition. I have been thinking of using its preamp with controls and case and feed it into class D amp.
I have been using 2x50W amp like this for years and it sounds really good with my system.
Mini Class D Power Amplifier HiFi Stereo 2.0 Channel Digital Audio Amp 50W+50W | eBay

Now I have got tired with all the separate parts(Phono pre, switch box, tone control, power supplies) and accompanying cables and think to put everythin inside one box.
This Dual has very good dual rail power supply of +/-15V that could feed my DIY Phono pre as well.
So can you recommend a board that can use the Dual power and sound good according to your experience? I think that 50W per channel is plenty - I haven't got past 4 notches(out of 10) on Volume knob ever.

Last edited:
This Dual CV 60 indeed and to my very surprise has a split rail power stage. The rail voltages are ± 26 Vdc at idle. And yes, it's somewhat hard to find a class D amplifier chip that also runs on split power. What's the issue with your device? The power stage is quite straight, so most probably easy to fix.
Best regards!

This Dual CV 60 indeed and to my very surprise has a split rail power stage. The rail voltages are ± 26 Vdc at idle. And yes, it's somewhat hard to find a class D amplifier chip that also runs on split power. What's the issue with your device? The power stage is quite straight, so most probably easy to fix.
Best regards!
I have working CV60 and this one was used as donor for some parts. The power stage plate is cracked, rails ripped.
So I think let's forget the question about power supply - it is apparent that I need separate one in anyway. What has been improved over two years since I got my TPA3116?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.