• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Recomended connectors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am building a TubeLab Simple SE on a two chassis layout. On for PSU and one for the amp.

I need to interconnect the two parts with a cable and connectors. 450VDC high voltage (2 pins) and 6.3VAC heater voltage (2 pins).

Can any recomend a 4 way connector for this job?

Curious why you are choosing this path as the CRC filtering and rectifier are all integrated on the PCB...Unless its a transformer issue...

I have seen people use the multi-pin round RF plugs - you will need something suitable for 500V A/C duty and at least 6 "runs" (2XHV 2X5V 2X6.3V) unless you are off-boarding the rectifier - OR - if you go SS rectifier you no longer need the 5V winding)

Thank you, looks interesting!

The set-up is a follows:

1. chassis is with power transformer, rectifier tube, capacitors and choke.
2. chassis is with output tubes and transformers, input tube and in/out connectors

Reason for two chassis is to avoid a large unhandy amp and to be able to seperate components. Power transformer is very large...

I am not using the PCB from Tubelab, all is P2P wiring...

Last edited:
I suggest making power out connectors (both on the supply and on the cable) female. That way it's harder to chock yourself by touching the end of the cable.

Don't push your luck with low voltage connectors. The working voltage is determined by the contact spacing and the dielectric breakdown of the plastic.

~Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.