• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Recomendation for mid range SE ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Want want, you want.. I can feel you very well
Just my honest 2C.
V4LVE

Everything you wrote schooled me, Thank you! I honestly appreciate your guidance, and everyone else's as well! Everyone starts some where, and after a few life changing events, I decided to finally pursue a dream I had since I was 14... Now, barley a year later I have acquired the resemblance of a test bench, and learned a lot. What I have learned most of all is that I have barley scratched the surface. Folks like those who responded to me here is another reason why Im loving this endeavor... There is quite a curve in this. From audio gear (I remember when I had to look up what the abbreviations of PP and SE was lol) to shop equipment, getting a grip on signal path in schematics (still get a bit lost), remembering exactly what the valve parts are and how they are changing voltage/phase to OPT... I could go on and on, the point is that the pursuit of bliss eats at my core every second of the day.

tached are the schematics for the MS300B and MS300C amplifiers.

Andy: These have more than 1 tube in the driver...probably not your cup of tea.

Steve

Yaqin-MS-300B-schematic Small.jpg

Yaqin-MS-300C-Schematic Small.jpg

Last edited:
AudioFanMan

Do you have any plans to use a biamp setup with your Elsinore speakers?

The Yaqin MC13s on the bass and MC-300B on the highs would be a good combination.

I use a setup like this with a Mingda 40 watt per channel PP EL34 amp on the bass and the MS-300C on the highs (ESS AMT). This system rocks.

On the bass I tried SE, Parallel PSE, SS AB and digital but, I was never happy with the combination until I tried the Mingda. On the highs I tried all of the same amps plus EL34 PSE, 6V6 PSE and triode wired SE. I used the 6V6 PSE for years. The day I bought the MS-300C I put it in the system, have been using it for years and I am not looking for anything else.

Steve

AudioFanMan

Do you have any plans to use a biamp setup with your Elsinore speakers?

The Yaqin MC13s on the bass and MC-300B on the highs would be a good combination.

Steve

Steve,

To be honest, I get PLENTY of base from the MC-300, and as you already know more from the 13S. Im positive that proximity to the rear wall is an issue, but when the wife was NOT home pulled them out. Much less boom, but still plenty of low end for me... As a matter of fact, these speakers have evoked a primordial reaction (fear) from me early on... It felt like thunder way off in the distance, the windows and floor shook, and for a second I though the earth was moving. I was amazed, and still am by these speakers... I know in certain circles what Im about to say must be done in very hush tones, but the best sounding recordings I own is NOT only vinyl... For the first time in my life, some digital music is absolutely freaking amazing. enough gushing, this is about the pursuit of bliss lol...

The schematic for the 300B is attached here with my notes on recommended changes by folks who know way more than I ever will. Some of the changes bring the 300B closer to the 300C (supposed to be better). Other changes dial down B+ on the 300's as they are running at or above spec... Besides the notes, im trying to figure out the best way to get some filtered DC to the heaters...

Have any other ideas where improvements could be made ?

Attachments

• Yaqin-MS-300B Hi Res.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.