Reckhorn D-2-0 Mini amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone heard this amp? Looks very similar in design to the old Sonic Impact that caused a stir a few years back.
Specs are max output 2 x 15 w @ 10 % distortion into 4 ohm - 2 x 10 w @ 0. 1 % THD into 4 ohm.
SNR better than 80 db - Efficiency 88 % - and 12 v or 8 x 1.5 battery power.
No RCA inputs though just a 3.5 mm socket.
Have exchanged a few emails with Klaus Reckhorn who i must say has been very honest regarding its abilities he estimates around 6 w @ 8 ohm and distortion free 5 ish .
The description on Amazon states Class D but when i asked him which chip he replied its a Tripath so i guess with those power figures a 2024 ? ( my favourite :) ) .
Its only GBP 22 from Amazon so tempted to buy one just to play with so any info from anyone thats tried it would be welcome .

I does look like a sonic impact with a Reckhorn logo

Retro Thing: Sonic Impact T-Amp: The Next Generation

You are right the casework etc looks exactly like the one in your link. I wasn't aware of that model the only Sonic Impact i 've seen was the original .
I might grab one its only GBP 22 and having a battery powered amp might be an investment .
Given the appearance of both are Reckhorn just copying S. A . or is the amp just a generic chinese design that both companies are re-badging i wonder ?

Well i decided to order one . I don't need anymore amps but at the price worth grabbing will be interesting to see how it compares to my Lapai 2024 A + . I have a Musical Fidelity X Ray cd player on it's way which was around GBP 800 new in 1999 so i 'll try it with that when it arrives :)

Amp came today now boxed awaiting collection as faulty . As soon as switched on big pop ( no protection) seller claimed it did . Massive grounding issues , loud buzz which increased when i touched the volume or case. Playing music the noise was lounder than the music.
Checked with my Lapai in case it was cable / psu etc fault but the Lapai was silent using all the same connective ancillarys and source . Tryed the Reckhorn again and the same.
Conclusion... piece of C*** :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.