Recap a Krell Ksa 150

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!
I finally bought a krell,i have a question regarding recap due to age.Now it sits 4 sprague 40000uF 100 volts cans in it,i measure 63 volts over the terminals on the caps im buying mundorf m caps that is pretty expensive so i wonder if i can go for the 80 volts option instead than i will save 20 euro a piece.And why are they so oversized"the spragues" if they are??
Kindly/Ingemar

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ingemar said:
Hi all!
I finally bought a krell,i have a question regarding recap due to age.Now it sits 4 sprague 40000uF 100 volts cans in it,i measure 63 volts over the terminals on the caps im buying mundorf m caps that is pretty expensive so i wonder if i can go for the 80 volts option instead than i will save 20 euro a piece.And why are they so oversized"the spragues" if they are??
Kindly/Ingemar

you can go even with 75V rated caps

sprags aren't oversized , taking in account their year of make , and ripple capability ;

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.