Radian LM10 midrange planar

thanks apart from the dispersion how do you rate the sound quality ? i like the technical idea of these drivers buy haven't heard many opinions about their sound quality. I feel like dispersion could be delbt with . an acoustic lense of some sort like you describe could maybe help there. had interesting results using a scaled karlsonator on a faital pro 3fe25 . no measurements but sounds pretty even around the room which is all I worry about really . maybe some version of this or similar could be used

I'm a huge fan of well made planar drivers in general, so I'm a little biased. I personally feel that once equalized, they are more resolving of fine details than traditional cone drivers. They certainly have simpler construction (NOT easier to make necessarily) and less distortion causing mechanisms than cone drivers. I've been using the BG product for a long time and these Radian drivers are the next step in that basic design. Same designer, Igor Levitski. Do the current improvements SOUND any better than their BG couterparts? I don't have an answer for that. Are the worth the much higher asking price as compared to the Parts Express BG copies or similar chinese knockoffs? To me, yes. The construction quality is much higher. But make no mistake, the Parts Express drivers are great at their price points.

thanks this is exactly what I wanted to hear ! I'm more tempted by the radian as imagined it would be better and more consistently made than the parts express drivers . some of the smaller tweeters seen really affordable as well so not too painfull to add to an order just in case you can't improve the dispersion of the ln10n