R2904/700000 measuremets file......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Sorry I don't have the actually measurements myself but did ask a similar question to you a few months ago.

The thread is here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52332&perpage=10&highlight=&pagenumber=6

Take a look at post 50 & 51, its a description of some tests ran by German magazine Hobby Hifi. It tells of distortion primarily, the frequency response graphs are on the scan website.

For what its worth, I've been using this tweeter now for around 5 months and its a nice detailed performer and very natural, probably the best tweeter I've heard so far. Not harsh in anyway if crossed at over 2Khz, I actually use it at 3.4Khz crossed to an ATC dome mid.

I have a few frequency measurements but your cabinet design will influence this and since I measured in the cabinet these may be of little relevance.

what kind of measurements you need ???
If it's just information about tweeter :

R2904/700000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characteristic sensitivity (2.83V / 1m) : 94.5 dB
Recommended frequency range : 2 - 40 kHz
Free air resonance frequency, fs : 520 Hz
DC resistance, Re : 3.0 ohm
Voice coil inductance, Le : 0.01 mH
Effective piston area, Sd : 5.6 cm²
Moving mass incl. air, md : 0.30 g
Force factor, BL : 2.8 Tm
Excursion, lin./max. : ±0.20 / ±1.6 mm
Voice coil diameter : 25 mm
Rated power handling : 160 W (12 dB/oct.
cross-over at 2.5 kHz)
Net weight : 0.42 kg

the rest is here :
http://www.tymphany.com/prodscanspeak.php

I have used the 2904/70000 but the 2905/990000 is much natural
look here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61725

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
rbe43164 said:
I have used the 2904/70000 but the 2905/990000 is much natural
look here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61725

Interesting just goes to show how tastes can differ.

I thought the 2905/9900, basically a 9700 with a very shallow wave guide, sounded less natural and certainly had less detail than 2904/7000 hence I swapped them out for a small charge thanks to Terry at Wilmslow Audio.

Another one of my favourites would have to be Aurum Cantus G1 ribbon, I heard these in a pair of Aurum Cantus Harmony loudspeakers a couple of months ago. Fantastic sound overall and definitely up there with the 2904/7000 for overall naturalness and detail. Both of these are worth every penny when you consider the quality your getting.

I think the reason both of these sound so good is the fact that they have very low distortion figures - the G1 particularly so. Looking at the data for the G1 I'd say that you could cross very comfortably at 1.5Khz. The 2904 really doesn't like to be crossed any lower than 2Khz if you really want to hear it at its best and I'd recommend 3Khz in 3 -way with a true broadband mid for really good results.

BTW rbe, your speakers look absolutely fantastic, better than many very expensive commerical speakers IMO. 2 years was a long time but quite obviously worth it from an aesthetic standpoint, again congratulations.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
ermes said:
i need of the measurement files,in txt or fdr format,for example

regards

Sorry don't have any txt or fdr data.

Just lots of frequency, phase, impedance, off axis response and other such plots that I saved during tweaking.

If your after the TS parameters of a production unit, Scanspeak supplies them as matched pairs and after measuring with MLS I found that virtually all the parameters were nearly bang on scanspeaks specs. Not surprising really as its well known that Scanspeak do offer realistic and reliable TS data on their drivers.

I could repeat the measurement data I have from my LspCAD project if if your desperate?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.