Questions about designing a digital input selector module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd say it's less than ideal but probably ok for 24bit/192KHz, depending on anticipated cable length.
Oh, my cable length will be less than six inches. I intend to house the input selector and DAC in the same housing. Or I may use the input selector to add a multi-way option to the digital input of a MiniDSP 2x8, again within the same chassis.

So 24/192 is a stretch, which means some of these higher rates I read about like 32/384 are impossible. Might be perfectly adequate for me but may work for some here. Thanks a lot. I might just build one and try.

Do you think I'll need to work with 6dB gain even if my cable length is 3-6"?

At 6" cable length I think you can just use the unity gain setup, and either a 75-R near end termination only, leaving the far end unterminated, or directly drive the cable with 75-R termination at far end. The cable can be a pair of tightly twisted wires. Impedance matching isn't that critical, as 6" is the cable length where transmission line effects start coming into play for signals having tr/tf in the neighborhood of 1 nS.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.