[Question] Radiotehnika Treble switch ?? General Advice Question

Some of you might have seen my previous post about what I should choose as my first DIY Speaker build and I think I've settled on Paul Carmody's "Pit Vipers". Currently I own a pair of Radiotehnika 35 AC-1 and they have a switch as far as I understand Min, Mid and Max I highly prefer the sound of when the switch is set to Max and treble on my amp is set to the max. I want to figure out in more simple terms what this switch does and I want to know if it’s possible to achieve a similar sound with the Pit Vipers, when the switch is set to fx. Min or Mid music simply sounds empty. This is the resources I could find about the switch (further down the page) however I don’t quite understand and wanted to know if anyone is able to explain it in .. well simpler terms.
https://ldsound-info.translate.goog...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=da&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Thanks T.

Re the Radiotehnika 35 AC-1:

In the 'max' position, the driver (mid or treble) is fed direct from the crossover with no attenuation.

In the 'norm' and 'min' positions the drivers are attenuated by 3 dB and 6 dB respectively.

Re the Pit Vipers:

You could achieve similar attenuation levels by employing a variable L pad control.

Attachments

• L-Pad Control.gif
    L-Pad Control.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 25
they have a switch as far as I understand Min, Mid and Max I highly prefer the sound of when the switch is set to Max and treble on my amp is set to the max.
Are you saying that you set the tweeter pad to max and also an amp control for the treble to max?
If this is the situation then I can think of two problems: your high frequency hearing is off, or the tweeter is more or less dead. Both gains means you need probably at least a 10dB boost on the treble compared to bass and midrange.
You need a reality check with a new speaker, something that can't be defective.

Ralf

Re the Radiotehnika 35 AC-1:

In the 'max' position, the driver (mid or treble) is fed direct from the crossover with no attenuation.

In the 'norm' and 'min' positions the drivers are attenuated by 3 dB and 6 dB respectively.

Re the Pit Vipers:

You could achieve similar attenuation levels by employing a variable L pad control.
I see, thanks. I will see if I will be able to implement them into the Pit Vipers thanks again.
:cheers:

The Radiotehnika 35 AC-1 is obviously designed to give a shelved up mid and treble response straight off the crossover, as shown by the upper curve in the above graph. This corresponds to the 'max' setting.

The 'norm' setting shelves down the response by 3 dB, while the 'min' setting shelves it down by a further 3 dB to give 6 dB in total.

The crossovers in the Pit Vipers would have to similarly shelve up the mid and treble response in order for L pads to produce the same attenuating effects as the switches on the Radiotehnika 35 AC-1s.

I suspect you may not require such an addition to the Pit Vipers.

Check your tweeters.

The crossovers in the Pit Vipers would have to similarly shelve up the mid and treble response in order for L pads to produce the same attenuating effects as the switches on the Radiotehnika 35 AC-1s.

I suspect you may not require such an addition to the Pit Vipers.
I understand. Thanks for all the help in helping me understand this, I will check my tweeters on both speakers and see what's up. Thanks once again!