Question about phase shield on titanium tweets

Do not remove the phase plug from the tweeter plate, it is not a simple dome cover/protection! You will end up with worse on-axis and off-axis frequency response!

No I wont, as I said I will print one without it and try it as an experiment, on the off-chance the change on or off axis responses, work in my favor/environment.. Granted, its unlikely. But heck, why not.. :)

why no is good approach...

but you have to measure tweeter which was originally designed with phase plug

Yes I will measure without plug an otherwise identical printed faceplate, then with plug in apex up orientation, apex in down orientation, the plug is triangular you see, If I see significant differences in the up vs down, Ill also do left and right orientation.. a definitive answer will be forthcoming..:)

The H1212 and other metal domes without phase shield exhibit comparable behavior.

The Seas H1212 does indeed have a phase shield, it is non easily visible because it is a round piece of transparent plastic glued on the inside of the protective grid. This is what Seas says:

A Hexagrid protects the diaphragm, and supports a phase plate which compensates for a slight axial roll off towards 20 kHz.

Ralf

The Seas H1212 does indeed have a phase shield, it is non easily visible because it is a round piece of transparent plastic glued on the inside of the protective grid. This is what Seas says:

Ralf

Ah now this is what I hope would be the case with these tweets I have. A slight roll off at 20k would not worry me at all having spent most of my life in heavy industry, I have a peak at 20 anyway that I could loose. Different tweet I know , but you never know your luck..But if this comes with a narrower dispersion field as someone else suggested in this thread that would help with the room reflections I cannot remedy, hence be beneficial in this circumstance.. Just my thoughts..:)