Question about Markaudio CHR-120

Hello. I am in the construction of full range speakers.
I would like to try the Markaudio drivers.
Looking at the box plans that Markaudio suggests, I see that it mentions required resistance for the cables from the amplifier to the speaker and for example "high output impedance amplifiers".
I do not understand what you're referring to.
I have a Marantz PM6006. Will it be appropriate?
I ask before getting into the construction of the speaker.
Thank you

BOX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I believe that this speaker design offers more cone control, therefore is suitable for high output impedance amplifiers.
Check out this video, I've found it to be very interesting to understand the differences and how output impedance can impact the frequency response depending on the speaker (not only the driver itself) you are connecting it to:

Hello. I am in the construction of full range speakers.
I would like to try the Markaudio drivers.
Looking at the box plans that Markaudio suggests, I see that it mentions required resistance for the cables from the amplifier to the speaker and for example "high output impedance amplifiers".
I do not understand what you're referring to.
I have a Marantz PM6006. Will it be appropriate?
I ask before getting into the construction of the speaker.
Thank you
Hi,
Where did you find those plans?
I didn't see then on either the Madisound site, or the Mark Audio site.
They look interesting.
Fyne does something similar w an internal box that is then ported out the bottom.

Thx

I believe that this speaker design offers more cone control, therefore is suitable for high output impedance amplifiers.
Check out this video, I've found it to be very interesting to understand the differences and how output impedance can impact the frequency response depending on the speaker (not only the driver itself) you are connecting it to:
Very interesting video. It explains very well the relationship between amplifier impedance and speaker impedance.
I have a Marantz PM6006 amplifier. Can I know what output impedance it has, knowing that it refers to a damping factor of 100?

Well, if speaker is designed for high output impendance amp lets guess it will be better. Speakers designed for high damping factor can have less controled bass with some tube amps. Also, room and position of speakers will play some role in bass response. Still, PM 6006 is nice amp, and if there is a wish to make those speakers, why not, they will sing just fine. They can always be fine tuned with speaker wires, position, stands and so on

Reactions: 1 user