Question About 2.1 audio system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Where Are the PAs?

For a 2.1 system there are three channels carrying a unique audio signal. For a 5.1 system there are six.
Each channel requires a power amplifier (PA) to drive the loudspeaker connected to it. Also each power amplifier (PA) needs to be connected to a signal source for its assigned channel. Where these amplifiers are located (within or external to other system components) will determine the connections that need to be made.

Regards,
WHG

I would like to ask a question about the crossover frequency.

For example, if i have two loudspeakers, one tweeter ( Goldwood GT-510/S 1" Shielded Soft Dome Tweeter | Parts-Express.com ) Specifications: *Power handling: 50 watts RMS/100 watts max *VCdia: 1" *Impedance: 8 ohms *Fs: 1300 Hz * Frequency response: 3,000 - 20,000 Hz *SPL: 90 dB 1W/1m

and one woofer Specifications: *Power handling: 80 watts RMS/170 watts max *VCdia: 1" *Le: .40 mH *Impedance: 8 ohms *Re: 7.0 ohms *Frequency range: 35-5,000 Hz* *Fs: 55 Hz * SPL: 86 dB 1W/1m *Vas: .50 cu. ft. * Qms: 3.60 *Qes: 1.09 * Qts: .83 *Xmax: 2.5 mm

How can i determine the crossover frequency?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.