QUAD ESL-2812X, any hope for mods?

Read about the obviously revamped Quad ESL-2812X in TAS:
"...the latest iteration has a re-designed protection circuit that allows it to be played loudly with safety. Let me tell you, walking into a room and hearing Quads, with all their usual splendid virtues, playing at nearly uncomfortably loud levels induces cognitive dissonance. But it happened, so I’m a believer."
Any chance the re-designed protection circuit would be possible to apply on earlier models?

Don't you find it weird that if changes were this spectacular there is NOTHING about the "new model" on the website.
Not the official UK website, nor the USA importer MoFi website.
You can't change the law of physics so if no dramatical changes are made to the technical design I have many doubts, but looking forward to hear them and it would be even better to look inside :oops:

Reactions: 1 user
I simply disconnected the protection... since i can easy make new panels.
Since i have a power amp with limited power output (but delivers lot of current when needed) and the fact that i limit the frequency response down to 120Hz. They can play approx 10dB higher without any trouble. So no protection sounds best!

Reactions: 1 user
The physics of the panels has not changed. IF they are modifying the clamp to clamp at a higher voltage (the only way to get more SPL out of them before clamping), then they are risking or actually damaging panels. With the standard clamping voltage I see burn marks in the panels on the speakers I rebuild. I'm very skeptical of that sort of change, and I'm waiting to hear more about it.

Sheldon

Reactions: 2 users
I simply disconnected the protection... since i can easy make new panels.
Since i have a power amp with limited power output (but delivers lot of current when needed) and the fact that i limit the frequency response down to 120Hz. They can play approx 10dB higher without any trouble. So no protection sounds best!
I would love to see a pink noise measurement @ 2 meter on axis to prove that.