Quad 34 - parts clarification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm afraid I was asked politely not to reveal the brand/model no. of the IC chips in question when I upgraded my Quad 34. However I can say that I bought them from the chap who runs the following business:

http://www.fidele.co.uk/QUAD.htm

He was/is extremely helpful, and knows ALOT about the Quad 34 and upgrades. He may have changed his position now and wouldn't mind revealing what chip he uses - see what he says. His prices are very good as well if you want to buy just the ICs from him.

Hope this helps!

- John

Assuming that the replacements were pin-for-pin compatible then there are not many alternatives. The MAX4066A springs to mind. I designed a piece of test gear not so long ago where I used the standard 4066 switches in the protoype then replaced those with the MAX4066 for production.

There are distinctly better switches available but not in a pin-compatible package. A redesign of the cct could reasonably use newer devices with markedly lower distortion and better crosstalk.

Anyone now Quad 34 preamp RV2 and RV3 pots value? Tilt and bass regulators.
In schematics are only RV2 and RV3 a and b, no nominals.
My idea is building original tilt and bass schematic from scratch.

Maybe someone of Quad 34 owners can see inside or measure both pots resistance?

Thanks,
Zigis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.