Quad 33 transistor replacements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've read somewhere that the pot of the Q33 is responsible for a degration of sound quality.

Changing the pot and replace it with the value Rod Elliot recommends for his project wil improve sound quality and avoids the bad behaviour of the pot when setting the level (1 is very soft, 1.1 is loud, 1.9 is very loud).

I expect to do this within the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted.

greetings,Mrarco

Hi Marco !
I've change the volume pots several years ago (after the 33 had fallen on the floor on the original pot breaking it !!!) by a ALPS (Alps RK27112A 50KΩ dual log taper, panel-mount): the result is very good, I have now a progressive volume increase when turning it.
Best regards,
Michel.

I wondered if you had more info on the upgrades that you proposed, any chance of pcb layouts?

Nope, I've wired it straight to a piece of stripboard. No nead for a pcb.

Would love to know how changing the pot worked
Never came to that, I'm now transplanting the whole thing to a new casing. Shorter signal paths, getting rid of unneeded cicuitry, etc.

MArco

deduikertjes said:

Nope, I've wired it straight to a piece of stripboard. No nead for a pcb.

Never came to that, I'm now transplanting the whole thing to a new casing. Shorter signal paths, getting rid of unneeded cicuitry, etc.

MArco

would be nice to see a picture of the other side of your boards..

Let us know how the rest of the project goes

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.