QTS Too high? Beyma 12BR70

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking to build a 3 way using pro drivers, and was curious. My reading says a QTS of 0.5 should be used in a sealed enclosure. Is this correct?

This is the driver I was looking at:

Beyma Speakers - Beyma 12BR70 speaker - Beyma 12BR70 250 watt 12" woofer for all hi-fi and studio monitor bass speakers. Beyma 12BR70 and other Beyma 12" speakers here.

Sub bass is obviously not what I am going for, and hoping this driver can be used up to a higher level say 800hz or so, allowing it to be used with a SEOS waveguide in the future should its initial implementation not succeed.

Is this driver capable of being used in a ported enclosure, or is it a sealed only driver?

Thanks

Thanks for the replies,

Will use Unibox to model it in a sealed alignment. I must admit am a bit new to Unibox and changing particular variables... this will be good experience.

I was a bit swayed by the low FS and reasonable price of this woofer. The idea of using it up high is also a plus... perhaps I should seek a different woofer that can be used ported and go lower? I don't want to get any larger really. 15 would be pushing it, and would have to have a fair deal of benefit over the 12 and not be a leap in price. Seems unreasonable.

Has anyone used the 12br70?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.