QSC/Crown and the like

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Madmike2 said:
Is there anything i can do to improve one if i bought it ? Or is it as i have been casually informed ' doggy do do ' ??

Whoever said they were 'do do' obviously has 'do do' for brains.

They are primarily PA and studio amps so are very rugged and reliable, the output figures are very close to reality so your are getting a lot of power for your money depending on the model you choose. Low impedance loads down 2ohm is also no problem for most of these.

Sound quality is good to very good with the Crown K1 having very good quality. Certainly good enough to partner high end speakers and source.

I find it amusing how many people turn a blind eye to the professional audio market. They offer much less BS and markup than similarly specced 'hi-fi' simply because the industry doesnt tolerate. I'm amazed at how few people have heard active studio monitors yet my own Mackie HR626's beat the pants off virtually any passive under £2000 per pair.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.