Put together several pcbs operational amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Firstly you ideally need 64 NE5532 opamp stages (32 packages) to drive 8 ohms with low distortion, and you can't get 24W from it, perhaps 15W.

If you wanted to bridge you'd need to double the number of stages in each half (256 opamps, 128 packages total) in order to drive 4 ohms from each half of the bridge (8 ohms bridged looks like 4 ohms to each amp) - you'd get 60W in theory. I don't think its very practical.

The opamp array amplifier doesn't scale easily due to the power rail voltage limits.

Each half of an NE5532 can drive about 500 ohms with good fidelity, but will struggle at lower impedances. This is why 64 halves are needed to drive 8 ohms.

Of all the amplifiers I've tried, it sounds the best, with my beyma tpl150 of 100 db 0 background noise and much less aggressive and more details and barely heats up

that's why he was thinking of increasing his power ...

So I could not join two plates of 24 to achieve at least 48 per channel?

Last edited:
Given the supply rails set the voltage limit, the only way to increase the power is to increase the current drawn - meaning you'll need a lower load impedance. You could use an output transformer to implement a voltage step-up, effectively reducing the impedance of your existing load.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.